Friday, September 16, 2016

Two short months, and it all changes again


It's that time again. Time for another move. Two months from now a moving company will enter our home and start packing up our belongings. Our fifth move with the military will take us back to the continental United States and closer to those we love the most, our family. After living so far away for the past five years, we're really looking forward to seeing our family more than once or twice every couple of years. A six hour difference will allow for quick long weekend trips and the ability to meet up half way to exchange our children with their grandparents. Something I think the grandparents are really looking forward to.

There are so many different things that are changing along with this move. A school change for both of the kids, job responsibilities for Michael and the beginning of nursing school for myself. Our kids are very resilient and I have no doubt that they will adjust just fine with all of the upcoming changes. I am always amazed that how resilient they are. The number of schools that Austin has attended always astonishes me. He's in seventh grade and has attended six different schools. Abigail has only attended three different schools, but that doesn't mean that she's any less resilient than Austin. I'm sure the ability to spend more time with their grandparents will help with the transition also.

Nursing school. It's the goal that I've been working towards for the past two years. All of my hard work has paid off and I'll finally get to fulfill a dream. I already know that it's going to take some juggling. My time will be limited on extra curricular activities and will mainly focus on handling my family, housework, laundry and studying. Studying, studying and more studying. As I've prepared to apply to the nursing program here in Hawaii, it has set me up well for school in Kentucky. I have already taken a handful of classes that would otherwise be required to take during nursing school there. For that, I am grateful. I can focus on my current schedule and clinical rotations without having to worry too much about other outside classes. I'm welcome to the challenge, and I'm so glad my family will be close enough to help celebrate once I cross the finish line.

But for now, we'll continue to soak up the sunshine while our time is limited in paradise. Three months left until we leave for good, and we're hoping to make the most of it. Maybe I might even blog about it...

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers